MODELO FULL-TIME FAN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Modelo Full-Time Fan Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 16, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on November 6, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Crown Imports LLC (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), any person affiliated with the alcoholic beverage industry, including but not limited to retailers of alcohol products, and their immediate and extended family members (including but not limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, and siblings) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit http://modelousa.com/pages/collegefootball (“Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online entry form, including uploading a photo of yourself and a two hundred (200)-word or fewer essay (collectively “Entry”), showing your "Ultimate Fandom" and depicts/describes why you should be selected as the Grand Prize “Full-Time Fan” winner. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address throughout the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address to submit an Entry.
All Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion.
- Entry essay must be original and must be in English.
- Entry photo must be in JPG or PNG format and the file size must not exceed 20mb.
Entry must not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry should not include content with the potential to result in any injury or bodily harm to the entrant.
- Entry should not reference any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not include any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact information or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
- Sponsor has in its sole discretion, the option (but not the obligation) to blur or black-out any imagery from the Entry photo, or redact or black-out any part of the Entry essay, that Sponsor deems objectionable.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and may be deleted.
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Entry should not appeal primarily to persons under the legal drinking age.
- Entry essay must not refer to any individual under the age of 21.
- Entry must not contain statements or images relating to the armed forces of the United States; local, state or federal governments; state flags, emblems, seals, coat of arms, crests or insignias.
- Entry must not include references to and must not depict any activity that Sponsor/Administrator deem to be, in their sole discretion, lewd or indecent, including but not limited to, scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming alcohol, and images or activity that suggests that alcohol is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.
- Entry must not portray, encourage or condone drunk driving or depict situations where alcohol is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game or as a result of a dare, or portray drinking of alcohol before or during activities that, for safety reasons, require a high degree of alertness or coordination.
- If an Entry includes the image or likeness of anyone other than the entrant, entrant represents and warrants that entrant has obtained permission from each such individual, that entrant agrees to provide written copies of such permission to Sponsor upon request and entrant certifies that such individual is 21 years of age or older.
- Entry must not refer to or depict any recognizable features of any retailer of alcohol beverages (including but not limited to bars, restaurants, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc.).
- Entry must otherwise comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available online at http://www.beerinstitute.org/responsibility/advertising-marketing-code.
By submitting an Entry in this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor, Agency, and all other such persons as Sponsor may designate, the absolute, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right and permission to use, reproduce, publish, store, post, display, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of and/or otherwise use the Entry, in any manner, form, format or media now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising of Sponsor, the Contest, and Sponsor’s products, all without further notice, consent or payment.
- RANDOM DRAWING AND JUDGING: In the event more than one thousand (1,000) Entries are received, a random drawing will be conducted on or about November 7, 2022, to select one thousand (1,000) Entries from among all eligible Entries received, which will then be judged. If applicable, random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the random drawing. Up to one thousand (1,000) Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Originality/Creativity – 40%; Overall Enthusiasm – 40%; Appropriateness to Theme – 20%. The highest-scoring Entry will be deemed the Grand Prize winner and next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed the First Prize winner. In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based on highest score for Originality/Creativity.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or email and will be required to complete and return via email/email link, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Declaration of Eligibility, a Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release and Assignment of Rights within two (2) days of Administrator’s attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within any specified time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or a prize for any reason, will result in disqualification without further notice and the next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed the applicable potential prize winner, time permitting.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”):
- One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive a “Full-Time Fan salary” of $100,000 (awarded in the form of a check) as well as a three (3)-day/two (2)-night trip* (“Trip,” described below) for Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to the 2023 College Football National Championship (“Event”) in Los Angeles, California, departing January 8, 2023 and returning January 10, 2023, including the opportunity for Grand Prize winner and travel companion to meet Desmond Howard at the Event (“Opportunity”) (Total Grand Prize ARV $106,525; there is no retail value associated with the Opportunity, which is subject to availability).
- One (1) First Prize: A three (3)-day/two (2)-night Trip* for First Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to the 2023 College Football National Championship (“Event”) in Los Angeles, California, departing January 8, 2023 and returning January 10, 2023 and a $750 check for winner (Total First Prize ARV $6,775).
*Each Trip includes round-trip economy air transportation for winner and travel companion from major airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion), two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), ground transportation from/to airport/hotel, admission tickets for winner and travel companion to the Event. Actual retail value of prizes may vary. Sponsor is not responsible for, and winners will not receive any difference between, the actual value and ARV of any prize. Seat locations at Event shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a winner lives within a 250-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA, that winner will receive a $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation for travel will be provided. Winners’ travel companions must be 21 years or older at time of travel and must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Winners and their applicable travel companion are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, taxes, travel and other insurance, additional transportation, gratuities, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel and/or Event documents. Each winner and his/her travel companion must travel on same itinerary and must agree to depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor surrounding the Event, which are subject to change, or prize will be forfeited and the next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed the applicable potential prize winner, time permitting. Travel is subject to availability. If a winner is unable to travel on dates specified, the prize will be forfeited and the next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed the applicable potential prize winner, time permitting. Prizes are subject to additional restrictions. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., REAL ID, passport or other TSA-approved ID; visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs). All travelers must also pass any required medical testing and comply with any requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, airline, or Sponsor, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19 or having the COVID-19 vaccine(s). Travelers may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she may not be permitted to travel or participate in the Event. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement, cancellation or change of venue of any Contest-related events. In the event that admission tickets are unavailable or the Event is cancelled or postponed, the Event takes place without spectators, or the Event has a change in venue for any reason, Sponsor will award a prize of equal value. In the event any winner or his/her travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early and/or eject them from the Event, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his/her travel companion home with no further compensation to the winner. No alcohol is included with any prize. In the event any winner or his/her travel companion consume alcoholic beverages (none will be provided by Sponsor) while participating in any Contest-related activities, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from any subsequent damages or third-party claims arising out of or related to such consumption. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize in these Official Rules and prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Potential winners understand and agree that, as a condition of being considered a winner, he/she may be subject to a background check, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. At the discretion of the Sponsor, a potential winner may be disqualified if the background check indicates that he/she: (a) has been charged with or convicted of a felony; (b) charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or other conduct that Sponsor in its discretion determines may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor; (c) has been personally involved in interaction deemed by the Sponsor as negative; or (d) is not eligible for the Contest or otherwise has not adhered to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. In such event, next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed the applicable potential prize winner, time permitting. Potential Grand Prize winner further understands his/her travel companion may be subject to a background check, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner’s travel companion’s background check indicates that he/she: (a) has been charged with or convicted of a felony; (b) charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or other conduct that Sponsor in its discretion determines may reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor; (c) has been personally involved in interaction deemed by the Sponsor as negative with government/state child & family services/protection agencies; or (d) has not adhered to applicable requirements set forth in these Official Rules, such travel companion will not be permitted to accompany Grand Prize winner on trip and Grand Prize winner may have the opportunity to select another companion in his/her place, time permitting.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Administrator for the actual value of the prize. Failure to complete travel, attend Event or use hotel accommodations does not relieve any winner of his/her tax obligations associated with acceptance of the applicable prize. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason. In such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Resale of prizes is prohibited. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of Entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor or Administrator suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple or different email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, Sponsor and Administrator will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, invalid or unintelligible Entries, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Contest entry services to create fraudulent phone numbers and/or identities) will void all Entries by that entrant. Normal internet access and data charges imposed by your internet/wireless phone service provider may apply. See your internet/wireless provider for pricing plan details. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder of the email address” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder associated with the Entry. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, entrants/winners/winners’ travel companions agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including, but not limited to, damages caused or claimed to be caused, losses, or injury) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use or misuse of the prize, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Administrator’s or Sponsor’s decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Contest material, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer, phone or device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer or device transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails, including but not limited to those resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. All entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures threaten the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Contest as determined by Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and if more than one thousand (1,000) Entries received prior to termination, the drawing will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received to select the one thousand (1,000) Entries that will be judged. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
- DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively before a court having jurisdiction located in Cook County, Illinois. In any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., evidenced costs associated with entering this Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to CrownImportsWinners@donjagoda.com with “WINNERS #2838-95” in the subject line. Requests must be received by November 11, 2022. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
- SPONSOR: Crown Imports LLC, 131 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60603.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Drink Responsibly. Modelo Especial® and Modelo Negra® Beers. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL
This Contest is in no way sponsored or administered by CFP Events, Inc., CFP Administration, LLC, or the College Football Playoff Foundation, Inc.
Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Promotion, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Promotion, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor.